Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Writing My Novel

Last night a couple of us met with Frank and Bev to discuss our writing.  Frank has been working on his novel and about a week or so ago I accepted the challenge to finish a novel by Christmas.  What was I thinking?

During the course of the conversation last night, I realized that Christmas is exactly one month from today.  If I want to complete a 50,000 word novel by Christmas, that means that I have to write 1,666.66 words per day.  And that includes writing on Christmas Eve, which I know that I absolutely will not do.  So now I am down to 29 days which brings my daily count to 1,724.14 .  Hmm...maybe a novella is in order?  (This was Patti's suggestion. Thanks, Patti!)  We'll have to see what I come up with.

3 comments:

Patty Mc said...

Okay how about a 20,000 to 25,000 word novella - it could be about a writer who has a deadline and Xmas looming. Or this just in - you could add 5 more days by writing a novella by 2009. Anyway I liek your postings and your positive feedback.
Frank

Tao Master said...

Sorry about that - I just realized I was in Patty's account when I posted that comment.
Frank
P.s. A MEASLY 750 Words per day will get your novella done.

Petula said...

Good luck completing it. I joined National Novel Writing Month and haven't had too much progress so far. But I'm not going to give up on it... I'll just keep plugging away at my own pace. I have the ideas in my head, but just don't have time to get them down on paper.

I would love to have a local writing group to be accountable to. I don't think I do too well with the Internet groups... in person is better I guess.

Have a good holiday.