Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back to the Blog

Okay, so I haven't written, but I have to say that's because I have been busy, very busy--busier than usual.  I had a house full of out-of-town guests over the weekend and every minute was consumed by either eating, visiting or Christmas shopping.  Our computer is in my son's old room and since he was camped out there I was unable to spend any significant amounts of time on the blog.  So, nothing has been posted, but that doesn't mean I haven't been writing or that I don't continue with my novel.   Oh, yes, I have ideas--some of them good, others not so much, but I will continue on, working hard to complete this challenge.

I'm not sure if I am ready to post my novel in it's entirety.  I want to be able to print it out and bind it together for those who have requested a copy.  These will probably be the only ones in print...will that make them a collector's item?  Could be!

In the meantime, I will continue to post more often.  Probably everyone has given up on even checking my blog by this time.  But in a surprise moment, my son confessed to me that he has been following it regularly.   I felt excited when I heard that.  He hasn't commented yet, but its good to know that my adult children are interested in what I have to say.  It's been a long time coming.  I guess I'm not so "square" after all...

3 comments:

Tao Master said...

I would like put in my request for a manuscript - autographed of course if that is possible.
Glad to see you are back.
Frank

Lin said...

Isn't it nice when you find out that you have a "secret reader"? Those are the best--they read regularly but don't want to post a comment for some odd reason or two, but that doesn't lessen their visit. I guess we could get one of those "visitor" counters, which would be nice--at least you know someone is out there reading.

butterfly woman said...

Glad you are back. Missed your blog, it's one of my "friends" I check in with daily. That and my cup of coffee starts the morning. I'm thinking maybe just post parts of your novel, that way you can feel its realness coming through and we can affirm your progress.
I think that is so neat that you write here and that your son visits your site. Does that change your view on what you want to write and post now? Just curious.
I like that you want to print and bind the novel yourself. It's like printing, matting an framing my artwork. A little extra love is put into it.
Bev